EMPOWERING CONVERSATIONS WORKSHOP (SYDNEY)
When: Thursday 28th March 2019
Where: Karstens, 111 Harrington Street, Sydney 2000
Author Anjelo Ratnachandra of popular and inspirational book Beyond Pain is running an exclusive 1 day workshop For Insurers, Occupational Rehabilitation Providers, Employers & Treating Health Practitioners on EMPOWERING CONVERSATIONS.
Who is Anjelo Ratnachandra?
Qualifications – BSc Physiotherapy (Hons), Grad Cert Counselling, Cert CBT, Cert REBT
Anjelo’s unique approach is not only based on his knowledge and experience as a subject matter expert in chronic illnesses (pain/fatigue) having specialised in these areas for over a decade, but also his personal journey through pain and how to get your life back after trauma. Anjelo has endured second and third degree burns, and has overcome life-saving lung surgery and cancer.
His unique insights into the minds of people with chronic illness both as a clinical expert and a sufferer result in a workshop packed with techniques in building trust & engaging a client, understanding the architecture of an empowering conversation, and practicals on how to build confidence where other mainstream methods have failed.
- Specialises in treatment of chronic pain, chronic fatigue, and mental illnesses.
- Author of the popular self-guiding book Beyond Pain.
- Inaugural winner of Worksafe’s (Vic) Treating Health Practitioner Award.
- Recipient of numerous awards in the Occupational Rehabilitation industry.
- Winner of Australian Allied Health Awards’ Physiotherapist of the Year 2018
- Contributed towards several research papers in pain & fatigue management.
- Extensive experience in Occupational Rehabilitation, and in research-based pain & fatigue management.
- Guest Speaker at national & international events, and, at popular speaking circuits
Please click here for Anjelo’s full biography.
Engaging Conversations: 1-Day Workshop
Who should attend?
Example Job Roles within organisations are Return to work coordinator, OHS Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Injury Manager, Health and Wellbeing Coordinator.
Example Job Roles within Workcover and other Insurers are IMA (Injury Management Advisor), Case Manager, Rehabilitation Manager, Recovery Specialist, Return to Work Specialist.
All treating health practitioners
If you are unsure if the course is relevant please contact us below and we can discuss with you.
- Unique, yet EFFECTIVE ways to empower clients
- UNDERSTANDING the fundamentals of client engagement
- How to engage the “know it all” client
- A proven way to use adversity to build client confidence and engagement
- Learn how to navigate the COMPETENCE Curve and tap into the “Zone of Conscious Growth“
- Best practice in engaging complex clients
- Learn far more strategies than motivational interviewing and open-ended questions
When: Thursday 28th March 2019
Where: Karstens, 111 Harrington Street, SYDNEY 2000
Hear from others who have attended our Workshops
“Great session, very practical message and key to life claims – humanise the claims process!” – Nick Boyle (Munich Re)
“Very empowering and motivating…extremely knowledgeable and helpful…Fantastic day!” – Izzy H., Rehabilitatiion Consultant (APM)
“This will change the way I converse with my clients to lead to better outcomes…” – Olivia S., Active Support Coordinator (TAC)
“Awesome workshop!! Will benefit anyone working in allied health setting. And anyone who needs to have challenging conversations with another human being.” – Martin Stead, Exercise Physiologist, MAX Solutions
“I found it interesting and innovative how you broke down empowerment into Foundations, Infrastructure, Assets & Liabilities, and The Agent.” – Bianca Scaramella (Provisional Psychologist / Vocational Consultant)
“Refreshing course content, great to learn new strategies. Very practical course, very informative…” – Jenny Fuller (Occupational Therapist)
“Really great workshop. Will speak highly of my experience to everyone I know.” – Matthew McKenzie (Member Benefits Representative, Sunsuper)
“A really good mix of practical and interactive discussion. Extremely useful experience to manage your personal and professional relationships.” – Nathan Green (Rehabilitation Consultant, AIA)