People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) find that activities they once took for granted take an enormous toll on their health. For example, a short stroll, coffee with a friend, getting their child ready for school or catching the train to work, which caused no fatigue before, is followed by unusual tiredness that takes longer than usual to go away.
Alongside the fatigue, people with CFS/ME can experience a range of symptoms from pain, headaches, dizziness, sleep issues, sensitivity to light and noise and food intolerances just to name a few.
CFS, like chronic pain and mental illness, is often invisible to the medical world. It can feel completely helpless. As a result most people with CFS also suffer from anger, depression and anxiety.
It can lead to issues in your personal life, such as change of roles at home, social life, and work life. It can be isolating and debilitating. For some people with ME/CFS, as time passes and their condition improves, they will find they can do more, but it is a slow and gradual process.
We can help
To achieve successful outcomes for people with CFS/ME we fully tailor our approach. Given we work with many chronic illnesses, we also get that CFS/ME affects many aspects of your life, so we address the whole you… this is what truly makes us different.
CFS/ME affects men, women and children of all ages, cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. We work with anyone suffering from chronic fatigue or burnout. Our clients range from CEOs to factory workers, sports people, stay at home mums, and to retirees. We see people from all walks of life.
- Detailed assessment to understand what you’ve been through, we really listen so we know what we need to do to help you
- Extended consultations: up to 60 min consultations – not the typical 15-20 mins session – we know these don’t work for chronic illnesses
- Really understand what’s important to you and what you would like to achieve
- Encourage you to bring family and/or friends to nominated sessions to educate and help teach them because research shows support networks are essential
- A tailored recovery program to help you recover from CFS/ME and move on with your life
- Access to a fully equipped gym with a swimming pool (if necessary)
- Home-based program for those who have no access to a gym or have mobility restrictions.
- Psychological strategies to tackle unhelpful thoughts and emotions
- Flexible sessions because we understand the challenges of living with CFS/ME
- One-one sessions with an experienced therapist
- Ongoing contact after the program if you have any issues
- We work with your existing therapists
- We work with Life/Income Protection schemes
- We treat all compensable schemes including Medicare
By the end of the program
- You will have measurable improvement both physically and mentally and a clear plan on how to achieve your goals
- You will have a tailored program covering recovery techniques including physical, psychological and nutritional strategies to build you back up and get you back to where you want to be
- You will have specific energy optimisation techniques to maximise activity and energy levels
- You will gain coping strategies to deal with the realms of symptoms that can sometime come with CFS/ME
- You will have more confidence setting up daily routines and dealing with your condition yourself
- You will have a greater knowledge and understanding of your condition and how best to deal with it and explain it to others
- You will have the tools to get a better night’s sleep
- You will be able to socialise more with confidence, and rekindle strained relationships
- You will know how to use your breath for symptoms, pain relief and anxiety
- You will have a greater knowledge of foods that will help your body to heal
- You will have a structured flare-up and set-back management plan
- … and much more
If you are an organisation with staff suffering from CFS/ME or corporate burnout or are an employee receiving Income Protection benefits and would benefit from a recovery program we have a unique personalised approach and are considered as a specialised provider in this industry
We also work with organisations to develop early intervention strategies/policies to prevent chronic illness.
Please click here to find out more.
Speaking & Workshops
Anjelo is a well respected and much sought after speaker in the industry and our workshops can be tailored to best suit the needs of your organisation or audience.
- We train organisations and industry bodies on how best to support people with chronic fatigue and burnout
- We run workshops to train your staff how to best support people with chronic fatigue and burnout
- We run ½-day & 1-day workshops for continuous professional development for health practitioners and other vocations dealing with people with chronic fatigue and burnout
- Anjelo can attend as a Keynote speaker at national conferences and other functions.
“After struggling with ME/CFS for over a year – having to give up my career, social life and active lifestyle i was referred to Anjelo through my insurer. Anjelo has a great holistic approach which has helped me hugely with my recovery. His approach is gentle and understanding and obviously gets the challenges of this illness where most people (even health professionals) don’t. I am now working part time, exercising regularly and have a social life, but all done in a sensible way and with a pacing approach so i don’t crash. Anjelo is still someone i call for advice on health and life and i am very lucky to have met him.”