Chronic pain is physically and emotionally exhausting. It can affect your whole life: your personal life, your social life and your work life; your mood, your relationships, and your physical ability: When you’re in pain, you tend to do less and be less active, feel frustrated and/or down, avoid being around people, take your frustration out on your family or yourself, question your ability to do things including work, worry about the future and whether you will manage your next flare up, and often crave for a good night’s sleep.
As chronic pain is invisible, people with chronic pain can feel misunderstood and stigmatised, even by the medical profession. They can lose their status within their family, their community, and experience discrimination in many areas of their lives, including not being able to access health care, education, income and income support. There is a decreased enjoyment of normal activities, loss of function, role change and relationship difficulties.
We can help
Beyond Pain is renowned for its unique personalised service, and the ability to achieve successful outcomes within a short time period.
We get that chronic pain affects many aspects of your life. So we address the whole you and not just the painful part… this is our strength and what makes us different!
We work with anyone suffering from pain. Our clients range from CEO’s to factory workers, sports people, stay at home mums, and retirees. We see people from all walks of life.
- Detailed assessment to understand what you’ve been through, we really listen so we know what we need to do to help you.
- Extended consultations: up to 60 min consultations – not the typical 15-20 mins session – we know these don’t work for chronic pain conditions.
- We really understand what’s important to you and what you would like to achieve
- Encourage you to bring family and/or friends to nominated sessions to educate and help teach them because research shows support networks are essential
- A tailored pain management program to help you recover from pain and move on with your lifeAccess to a fully equipped gym with a swimming pool (if necessary)
- Home-based program for those who have no access to a gym or have mobility restrictions
- Psychological strategies to tackle unhelpful thoughts and emotions
- Flexible sessions because we understand the challenges of living with chronic pain
- One-one sessions with an experienced therapist
- Ongoing contact after the program if you have any issues
- We will work with your existing therapistsWe will work with Life/Income Protection schemes
- We treat all compensable schemes including Medicare
By the end of the program
- You will have measurable improvement both physically and mentally and a clear plan on how to achieve your goals
- You will have a tailored program covering stretches, exercise, and psychological strategies to build up your functional tolerances and get back to what you want to achieve
- You will have specific pain management and energy optimisation techniques to maximise activity levels
- You will have more confidence setting up daily routines and dealing with your condition yourself
- You will have a greater knowledge and understanding of your condition and how best to deal with it and explain it to others
- You will have the tools to get a better night’s sleep
- You will be able to socialise more with confidence, and rekindle strained relationshipsYou will know how to use your breath for pain relief and anxiety
- You will have a greater knowledge of foods that will help your body to heal
- You will have a structured flare-up and set-back management plan
- … and much more
If you are an organisation with a staff member suffering from chronic pain condition or are an employee receiving Income Protection benefits and would benefit from pain management coaching and/or work conditioning programs we have a unique personalised approach and are considered as a specialised provider in this industry.
We also work with organisations to develop early intervention strategies/policies to prevent chronic illness.
Speaking & Workshops
Anjelo is a well respected and much sought after speaker in pain management. Our workshops can be tailored to best suit the needs of your organisation or audience.
- We train organisations, groups, and industry bodies on how best to support people with chronic pain.
- We run ½-day & 1-day workshops for continuous professional development for health practitioners, insurers, small/medium/large organisations, and other vocations dealing with people with chronic pain.
- Guest peaking or partake in forums on the top of well being and chronic pain
- Anjelo can attend as a Keynote speaker at national conferences and other functions
Please contact us here to find out how we can help.
‘After sustaining a work related back injury and about a year of recovery through conventional physio i had reached a point in my recovery where progress had stalled and it seemed for months i was not making any progress. I was on heavy pain killers and getting bad flare ups which would keep me bedridden at least once every month. By chance i was put on to Anjelo at Beyond Pain and it was the best thing that could happen. After going through the Beyond Pain program i gained an understanding of the effects of pain an how to set achievable goals. With Anjelo’s expertise I continue to hit my goals which has been a massive for me not only physically but mentally. I don’t get the flare ups anymore and i painkillers are just an afterthought now.. I would highly recommend Anjelo’s services as it has been a very positive outcome for myself.’