Mental illness affects all aspects of life, it is often invisible and can leave people feeling completely helpless.
Mental illness can cause issues in your personal life, such as change of roles at home and family breakdowns, social life, and work life. It can be isolating and debilitating, and often the sufferers feels lost or helpless.
Physically, it can lead to fatigue, and muscle tension. Mental illness also causes chemical imbalances that may lead to poor sleep and circulatory disorders.
We can help
Beyond Pain is renowned for its unique personalised service, and the ability to achieve successful outcomes within a short time period, we understand the complexity of living with a mental illness. We understand that it’s not easy just to be positive. What we provide is a tailored solution incorporating physical activity with counselling techniques to help you take back control of your condition. It’s not just about sitting and listening – it’s about listen, planning and doing.
- Detailed assessment to understand what you’ve been through, we really listen so we know what we need to do to help you.
- Really understand what’s important to you and what you would like to achieve
- Encourage you to bring family and/or friends to nominated sessions to educate and help teach them because research shows support networks are essential
- A Tailored program with strategies to help you recover and move on with your life
- Psychological strategies to tackle unhelpful thoughts and emotions
- Flexible sessions because we understand the challenges of living with mental illness
- Ongoing contact after the program if you have any issues
- We can work with your existing therapists
- We can work with Life/Income Protection schemes
- We treat all compensable schemes including Medicare
By the end of the program
- You will have measurable improvement both mentally and physically and a clear plan on how to achieve your goals
- You will have a tailored program covering recovery techniques including physical, psychological and nutritional strategies to build you back up and get you back to where you want to be
- You will have more confidence setting up daily routines and dealing with your condition yourselfYou will have a greater knowledge and understanding of your condition and how best to deal with it and explain it to others
- You will have the tools to get a better night’s sleep
- You will be able to socialise more with confidence, and rekindle strained relationships
- You will be know how to use your breath and exercise for depression and anxiety
- You will have a greater knowledge of foods that will help your body to heal
- You will have a structured set-back management plan
… and much more
Please contact us here to find out how we can help.
If you are an organisation with staff suffering from mental illness or are an employee receiving Income Protection benefits and would benefit from a recovery program we have a unique personalised approach and are considered as a specialised provider in this industry
We also work with organisations to develop early intervention strategies/policies to prevent Mental illness.
Please click here to find out more.
Speaking & Workshops
Anjelo is a well respected and much sought after speaker in the industry and our workshops can be tailored to best suit the needs of your organisation or audience.
- We train organisations and industry bodies on how best to support people with mental health disorders and burnout
- We run workshops to train your staff how to best support people with mental illness and burnout
- We run ½-day & 1-day workshops for continuous professional development for health practitioners and other vocations dealing with people with mental illness and burnout
- We run 3-day burnout prevention workshop for individuals with high-pressure lifestyles
- Anjelo can attend as a Keynote speaker at national conferences and other functions
‘To date, I have had three consultations with Anjelo. Anjelo is far more than just a physiotherapist. He understands the “physical health – mental health” feedback cycle. Anjelo is helping me to get on with what is left of my life, now. He is becoming a personal life-coach for me. He is helping me set up a personal weekly planner. He is helping me to set realistic, S.M.A.R.T. goals (personal, social and “professional”). He is helping me to set an achievable exercise program. But more importantly, he is monitoring me. He is kind and gentle in his approach. He is also forgiving if I haven’t been able to achieve a task. I only wish that I had come across someone like Anjelo 7years ago. If I had, the outcome to my case might have been completely different.’