The Beyond Pain Clinic
Beyond Pain offers a specialised tailored service for chronic illness such as Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue, & Mental Health Disorders. Our approach is unique in that we treat the whole you, not just the condition. Our goal is not only to help your with your recovery, but also make your better – stronger and healthier. We will teach you all you need to know, and what you need to do to get back on your feet and focusing on your goals.
One size fits all group programs are not for everyone. Each of us are individuals and that’s why we provide individualised programs. We take the time to listen to your issues and work with you to see what you want to get back to. Then, together we develop an appropriate program that fits with your lifestyle.
At beyond pain we genuinely understand when a person talks about pain, it can be more than just a painful-body-part: Think of “the pain of losing someone”, “the pain of a broken heart”, “the pain of the daily struggle”… they are all different types of pain.
We truly understand because we have personal experience in treating and recovering from chronic illness which is why we have had so much success helping people. Our clients range from busy CEOs, Business owners, Doctors, and Lawyers to Factory Workers, Retirees, Stay-at-home Mums, and, Athletes. We don’t care who you are…we care about how we can help.
- Detailed assessment to understand what you’ve been through, we really listen so we know what we need to do to help you.
- Extended consultations: up to 60 min consultations – not the typical 15-20 mins session – we know these don’t work for chronic pain conditions.
- Really understand what’s important to you and what you would like to achieve
- Encourage you to bring family and/or friends to nominated sessions to educate and help teach them because research shows support networks are essential
- A Tailored pain management program to help you recover from pain and move on with your life
- Access to a fully equipped gym with a swimming pool (if necessary)
- Home-based program for those who have no access to a gym or have mobility restrictions
- Psychological strategies to tackle unhelpful thoughts and emotions
- Flexible sessions because we understand the challenges of living with chronic pain
- One-one sessions with an experienced therapist
- Ongoing contact after the program if you have any issuesWe will work with your existing therapists
- We will work with Life/Income Protection schemes
- We treat all compensable schemes including Medicare
A different type of recovery – once you are on your way we can introduce you to a new kind of exercise – Yogaiso – fast, efficient workouts combing the best of yoga and weights for those who are ready.
By the end of the program
- You will have measurable improvement both physically and mentally and a clear plan on how to achieve your goals
- You will have a tailored program covering stretches, exercise, and psychological strategies to build up your functional tolerances and get back to what you want to achieve
- You will have specific pain management and energy optimisation techniques to maximise activity levels
- You will have more confidence setting up daily routines and dealing with your condition yourselfYou will have a greater knowledge and understanding of your condition and how best to deal with it and explain it to others
- You will have the tools to get a better night’s sleep
- You will be able to socialise more with confidence, and rekindle strained relationships
- You will know wow to use your breath for pain relief and anxiety
- You will have a greater knowledge of foods that will help your body to heal
- You will have a structured flare-up and set-back management plan
… and much more
Please contact us here to find out how we can help.
If you are an organisation with staff suffering from chronic pain, Chronic Fatigue, Corporate burnout and Mental illness or are an employee receiving Income Protection benefits and would benefit from a recovery program we have a unique personalised approach and are considered as a specialised provider in this industry
We also work with organisations to develop early intervention strategies/policies to prevent Mental illness.
Please click here to find out more.
Speaking & Workshops
Anjelo is a well respected and much sought after speaker in the industry and our workshops can be tailored to best suit the needs of your organisation or audience.
- We train organisations and industry bodies on how best to support people with chronic pain/illness
- We run workshops to train your staff how to best support people with chronic pain/illness
- We run ½-day & 1-day workshops for continuous professional development for health practitioners and other vocations dealing with people with chronic pain/illness
- Anjelo can attend as a Keynote speaker at national conferences and other functions
“After sustaining a work related back injury and about a year of recovery through conventional physio i had reached a point in my recovery where progress had stalled and it seemed for months i was not making any progress. I was on heavy pain killers and getting bad flare ups which would keep me bed ridden at least once every month. By chance i was put on to Anjelo at Beyond Pain and it was the best thing that could happen. After going through the Beyond Pain program i gained an understanding of the effects of pain an how to set achievable goals. With Anjelo’s expertise I continue to hit my goals which has been a massive for me not only physically but mentally. I don’t get the flare ups anymore and i painkillers are just an afterthought now.. I would highly recommend Anjelo’s services as it has been a very positive outcome for myself.”